Muscles worked: The primary muscles emphasized are the upper trapezius and associated smaller muscles of the region. Also Anterior and Medial deltoids, Biceps, Brachioradialis
Pulley position: Narrow or wide.
• Remove the bench and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®. Reach down and grasp the handles with the palms facing each other or facing backward, as comfort dictates.
• Let your arms hang extending in the direction of the pulleys.
• Stand up straight with a slight bend at the knees.
1. Pull the handles directly upwards towards your chin, bending your elbows out to the sides until your wrists are level with your neck.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the handles back to the starting position.
• Keep your hands very close to your body throughout the movement.
• Make sure you do not sway forwards as you lift the grips.
• At the top of the movement your elbows should be level with, or slightly higher than, your hands.
• Lower the grips slowly, resisting the weight.