Target Muscles: Anterior and medial deltoids, Upper Pectoralis major, Triceps, Shoulder girdle muscles (Trapezius, Supraspinatus)
1. Sit on an upright bench, angled at 75-90° so that your lower back is firmly in contact with the bench.
2. Hold a pair of dumbbells, hands facing forwards, level with your shoulders.
1. Press the PowerBlocks (or Dumbbells) upwards and inwards until they almost touch over your head. Straighten your arms but do not lock out your elbows. Hold momentarily.
2. Lower the PowerBlocks (or Dumbbells) slowly back to the starting position.
• Keep your torso upright - don't lean backwards or arch your spine as you press the bar upwards as this will strain your lower back.
• Hold your abdominal muscles taut to help stabilize your spine or, if you are using a very heavy weight, wear a weightlifting belt.
• Lower the PowerBlocks (or Dumbbells) until they touch your shoulders. Don't shorten the movement.