Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes your upper back (the latissimus dorsi, teres major and rear deltoid muscles), as well as the muscles between the lower part of your shoulder blades (lower trapezius muscles). The triceps muscles, located on the back of the upper arms, will also be involved.
• Remove the bench, straddle the rail and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®.
• Grasp the handles at shoulder width or slightly wider with your palms down.
• Step back slightly. This may have to be adjusted on the first rep to insure that there is enough movement in the cable to complete the range of motion.
• Lift your chest and tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Keeping your arm straight, initiate the movement by pulling your shoulder blade down while simultaneously drawing your arm downward to the front, and then in toward your legs.
• Allowing your shoulder blade to move with your arm, slowly return to the starting position.
• Repeat this motion with the other arm while keeping the previous arm stretched out forwards.
• Do not lose spinal alignment — keep chest lifted.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.
• Keep your elbows nearly straight (not locked) throughout the entire exercise.