Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the chest (the pectoralis major muscles). The triceps muscles, located on the back of the upper arms, are also involved in maintaining the elbow position and also help with shoulder motion.
• Remove the bench, stand on the platform facing away from the Power Rods®. Position yourself so that you can either lay back against the Power Rods® tower or forward slightly. Keep the knees slightly bent and feet flat on the floor.
• Extend the arms overhead and grasp the handles with your palms facing the ceiling.
• Tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Move your hands in an arc upward angling toward midline and then downward toward the opposite leg.
• Control the return to the starting position by slowly moving the arms back up, uncrossing, and moving overhead.
• Keep your chest lifted, even as your arms near your legs.