Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the abdominal area including the upper and lower front abs (rectus abdominus) and the side abs (obliques).
Pulley position: Lat tower.
• Remove the bench from the Bowflex.
• Straddling the bench bar, reach up and grab the grips, kneel down onto the platform.
• Your lower back can start out flat or in a normal arch, knees and hips are bent and your knees are stay on the platform.
• Tighten your abs and curl only your torso, slowly moving your ribs toward your hips. Move as far as you can without moving the hips or neck.
• Slowly reverse the motion returning to the starting position, without relaxing.
• Allow exhalation up and inhalation down, don’t exaggerate it.
• Do not lift your head/chin. Your head should follow the rib motion, not lead, allowing you to maintain normal neck posture.
• Tighten your abdominals throughout the entire exercise range of motion. Do not let your abs relax until the set is over.
• MOVING SLOWLY to eliminate momentum is critical.
• This exercise will NOT spot-reduce fat!