Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the side shoulder muscles (middle deltoids), the top muscle of the rotator cuff (supraspinatus) and the trapezius muscles.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®, knees bent and your feet on the platform.
• Grab each handle with the corresponding arms.
• Lay back onto the bench with your feet remaining on the platform.
• Raise your arms directly out to the sides to almost shoulder level.
• At the top of the movement you may need to rotate your hands slightly above the level of your elbows to prevent your hands from getting caught in the handle straps..
• Slowly bring your arms into the starting position near your sides without relaxing.
• DO NOT swing the arms upward or move the trunk during the motion.
• Brace your knees against the pulley arms should you find that you slide back too much.