Muscles worked: This exercise works your entire abdominal area including your upper and lower front abs (rectus abdominus) and your side abs (obliques).
Pulley position: None.
• With the bench in the flat position, sit on the side of the bench with Power Rods® off to your side.
• Straighten out your body so that your heels are an inch or two off the floor.
• The amount of bend at the hips based on desired difficulty. Beginners should be fully bent, bringing the legs near the abs. As strength improves the legs can be positioned farther away. DETERMINE THESE POSITIONS AND MAINTAIN THROUGHOUT THE EXERCISE.
• Hold onto the bench at each side of your hips.
• Relax your neck.
• Tighten your abs and slowly curl your hips toward your rib cage. Move as far as you can without using your legs to get momentum and do not curl up onto your back.
• Slowly reverse the motion returning to the starting position without relaxing.
• Tighten your abs before you move.
• Keep knees and hips stationary.
• Allow exhalation up and inhalation down without exaggerating breathing.
• Contract as far into the movement as possible. Lower under control. Keep abs tight during the entire motion.
• This exercise will NOT spot-reduce fat!