1. Lie on an exercise ball with your lower back curvature pressed against the spherical surface of the ball.
2. Your feet should be bent at the knee and pressed firmly against the floor.
3. The upper torso should be hanging off the top of the ball.
4. Lower your torso into a stretch position keeping the neck stationary at all times.
1. With the hips stationary, flex the waist by contracting the abdominals and curl the shoulders and trunk upward until you feel a nice contraction on your abdominals.
2. The arms should simply slide up the side of your legs if you have them at the side or just stay on top of your chest if you have them crossed.
3. The lower back should always stay in contact with the ball.
4. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
• Focus on moving your ribs towards your hips.
• The arms should either be kept alongside the body or crossed on top of your chest to avoid neck strains caused by hands behind the head.
• Exhale as you perform this movement and hold the contraction for a second.
• As you inhale, go back to the starting position.