Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes and develops the biceps muscles, which are located on the front of your upper arms and are primarily responsible for bending your elbows, as well as the brachialis and brachioradialis.
Pulley position: Wide or narrow (wide will work ideally for most people due to the angle created in the arm (carrying angle) in the palm forward (supinated position).
• Sit on the bench facing away from the Power Rods®.
• Reach Back and grasp the handles with your palms facing forward.
• Sit upright or lean forward slightly with your upper arms by your sides (although not "smashed" against them). Lift your chest, tighten your abdominals and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Curl handles forward, then upward, and then in toward shoulders while keeping your elbows at your sides and your upper arms completely still.
• Slowly lower to the starting position by performing the same arcing motion.
• Keep elbows at your sides.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Keep your trunk muscles tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.