Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes and develops the biceps muscles, which are located on the front of your upper arms and are primarily responsible for bending your elbows, as well as the brachialis and brachioradialis.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®.
• Reach up and grasp the handles with your palms facing forward.
• Sit upright or lean forward slightly with your elbows beside your ears (although not "smashed" against them). Lift your chest, tighten your abdominals and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Curl handles downward, and then in toward the back of your neck while keeping your elbows beside your ears and your upper arms completely still.
• Slowly raise to the starting position by performing the same arcing motion.
• Keep elbows beside your ears.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Keep your trunk muscles tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.