Pulley position: Wide or narrow
• Seated in the 45 degree position, reach straight behind your body, grasp the handles with an overhand grip, and bend your elbows until your hands are near your chest. Rotate your upper arms away from your torso so that your elbows are pointing outward to each side and your palms are facing forward.
• Keeping knees bent and feet flat on the floor, lay your head back against the bench and straighten your arms to the front.
• Be sure that your arms are directly “in line” with the cables, palms facing down and wrists straight.
• Raise your chest and "pinch" your shoulder blades together. Maintain a very slight, comfortable arch in your lower back.
• Keeping your arms straight and pointing the same direction of the cables, slowly move your shoulder blades forward off of the bench, as if shoving your arms straight ahead.
• Slowly return to the starting position without bending your arms.
• Maintain a 90 degree angle between upper arms and your torso throughout the exercise.
• Keep your elbows straight.
• Do not slouch forward in the upper spine to further the motion. Maintain a very slight arch in your lower back at all times.