1. Position yourself in a seated calf press machine.
2. Place the balls of your feet on the bottom of the platform with your heels hanging off the edge. Your legs should be fully extended and feet hip-width apart.
1. Press the platform away from you as far as possible.
2. Hold the fully contracted position for a count of two; then slowly return your heels to the starting position as far back as they can go.
• Do not hurry the reps or bounce back on the return.
• Stretch your calves fully at the bottom of the movement - your heels should be lower than your toes.
• Keep your legs straight (not locked) throughout the movement.
Toes pointing out: Angling your feet outwards at 45° places more emphasis on the inner part of the calves.
Toes pointing in: Angling your feet inwards at 45° places more emphasis on the outer part of the calves.