1. Position yourself in a leg press machine.
2. Place the balls of your feet on the bottom of the platform with your heels hanging off the edge. Your legs should be fully extended and feet hip-width apart. Release the safety catch.
1. Press the platform away from you as far as possible.
2. Hold the fully contracted position for a count of two; then slowly lower your heels down as far as they will go.
• Do not hurry the reps or bounce up from the bottom.
• Stretch your calves fully at the bottom of the movement - your heels should be lower than your toes.
• Keep your legs straight (not locked) throughout the movement.
Toes pointing out: Angling your feet outwards at 45° places more emphasis on the inner part of the calves.
Toes pointing in: Angling your feet inwards at 45° places more emphasis on the outer part of the calves.