Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the deep arm muscle (brachialis) while involving the front forearm muscle (brachioradialis) and the biceps as well.
• Stand on a flat surface free of obstructions with a barbell on the floor or on a rack.
• Bend down and grasp the barbell with your palms facing down/backward.
• Stand with your arms by your sides.
• Lift your chest, tighten your abdominals and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Keeping the palms facing down, slowly curl the barbell forward, then upward, then in toward your shoulders while keeping your elbows at your sides and your upper arms completely still.
• Slowly lower to the starting position.
• Keep elbows from moving forward and backward.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Keep your trunk muscles tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.