• Remove the bench, straddle the rail and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®.
• Using the single handle, grasp the handle with your palms up.
• Adjust your distance from the pulleys (one to two feet in front of you). This may need to be altered after attempting the first rep.
• Keeping your arm bent, bring your upper arm to your side and maintain.
• Lift your chest and tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Keeping your upper arm stationary and your elbow next to the side of your torso, slowly straighten your arm by arcing downward and then inward toward your leg, ending with your hand and elbow directly below the shoulder, arm fully straightened.
• Straighten your arm fully.
• Controlling the motion, allow your elbow to bend, returning to the starting position without moving your upper arm.
NOTE: This exercise can also be performed utilizing the following options:
• Palm up grip (supinated)
• Palm down grip (pronated)
• "Hammer" grip (neutral)
• Keep your upper arm motionless.
• Keep wrist straight.
• Tighten the triceps throughout the exercise and control the motion on the way up.
• Maintain good posture by keeping your chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.