Pulley position: Lat tower.
• Remove the bench, straddle the rail and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®.
• Grasp the lat bar at shoulder width, with your palms down.
• Adjust your distance from the pulleys (one to two feet in front of you). This may need to be altered after attempting the first rep.
• Keeping your arms bent, bring your upper arms to your side and maintain.
• Lift your chest and tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Keeping your upper arms stationary and your elbows next to the sides of your torso, slowly straighten your arms by arcing downward and then inward toward your legs.
• Straighten your arms fully.
• Controlling the motion, allow your elbows to bend, returning to the starting position without moving your upper arms.
• Bilateral movement — both arms extending at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one extending while the other is returning).
• Keep your upper arms motionless.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Tighten the triceps throughout the exercise and control the motion on the way up.
• Maintain good posture by keeping your chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.