Pulley position: Narrow only.
• Lie on your back with your head toward the Power Rods®, knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
• Reach overhead and grasp the handles, palms facing toward the ceiling.
• Keeping your elbows bent, bring your upper arms to the front, angled approximately 45 degrees from the front of your torso and maintain.
• Raise your chest and "pinch" your shoulder blades together. Maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Keeping your upper arms stationary and by your side, straighten your arms in an arcing motion down and then inward toward your legs.
• Fully straighten your arms.
• Controlling the motion, allow your elbows to bend, returning to the starting position without moving your upper arms.
• Bilateral movement — both arms extending at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one extending while the other is returning).
• Keep your upper arms motionless.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Tighten the triceps throughout the exercise and control the motion on the way down.