Pulley position: Wide only.
• Seated in the 45 degree position, reach across and straight behind your body, grasp a handle, and bend your elbow until your hand is near your chest.
• Keeping knees bent and feet flat on the floor, lay your head back against the bench and straighten your arm to the front.
• Then, reaching across mid-line, grasp the handle, palm down, with the opposite arm.
• Pointing your elbow upward, hold your upper arm at an angle consistent with the angle of the cable.
• With your free hand lightly grasp the back of your arm near your elbow, to give yourself a reference point and/or to help stabilize the working arm.
• Raise your chest and slightly "pinch" your shoulder blades together. Maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Keeping your upper arm stationary, straighten your arm, moving your hand in an arcing motion across your chest and over your shoulder.
• Fully straighten your arm.
• Controlling the motion, allow your elbow to bend, returning to the starting position without moving your upper arm.
• Keep your upper arm motionless.
• Keep wrist straight.
• Tighten your triceps throughout the exercise and control the motion on the way down.