Pulley position: Narrow.
• With the bench in the flat position, sit facing the Power Rods® and attach both ankle cuffs over the respective ankle.
• Lie flat on your back on the bench with your head facing away from the Power Rods®.
• Bend your hips and knees so that your thighs are resting on your abdominals.
• Reach overhead and grasp the bench.
• Relax your neck.
• Tighten your abs and slowly curl your hips toward your rib cage. Move as far as you can without using your legs to get momentum and do not curl up onto your shoulder blades.
• Slowly reverse the motion returning to the starting position without relaxing.
• Do not throw your legs to initiate the motion.
• Tighten your abs before you move.
• Keep knees and hips stationary.
• Allow exhalation up and inhalation down without exaggerating breathing.
• Contract as far into the movement as possible. Lower under control. Keep abs tight during the entire motion.