Pulley position: Wide.
• Lie on your back on the bench, head toward the Power Rods®. Your buttocks will eventually be off the end of the bench.
• Slip your arms through the handles and slide the cuffs just past your elbows and tighten cuffs.
• Grasp the cable with your palms facing inward and slide your body down along the bench far enough that your arms are fully extended, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
• Although they will be overhead, position your upper arms wide, out to the sides.
• Tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Initiate the movement by pulling your shoulder blades down toward your bottom while simultaneously pulling your elbows out to the sides, then down and inward toward the sides of the torso.
• Slowly return to the starting position, allowing your arms and shoulder blades to move back up toward the Power Rods® without relaxing.
• Do not lose spinal alignment.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.
• Release your shoulder blades at the end of each rep and initiate each new rep by depressing your shoulder blades.
• This exercise may also be performed by grasping the handles, although you will have to slide farther down the bench to create starting position tension.