Pulley position: Low pulleys only.
• Sit on the bench facing away from the Power Rods®, directly over the low pulleys, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
• Adjust the bar harness to provide tension at the bottom of the movement while still completing the top of the movement.
• Bring the bar up to shoulder level.
• Keep your chest up, abdominals tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Straighten arms overhead.
• Slowly return to starting position keeping tension in the front shoulder muscles.
• Do not press from behind the neck as this places undue stress on the joint capsule.
• Keep the abdominals tight throughout the entire motion.
• Maintain good spinal alignment.
• Do not let the arch increase in the lower back while pressing up.