Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes the side shoulder muscles (middle deltoids), the top muscle of the rotator cuff (supraspinatus) and the trapezius muscles.
Pulley position: Narrow.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®, knees bent and your feet on the platform.
• Spread the cuff from the handle and slide it over the opposite forearm near the elbow (left handle over right forearm and vice versa).
• Sit up straight and maintain erect posture.
• Raise your arms directly out to the sides to almost shoulder level.
• At the top of the movement you may need to rotate your hands slightly above the level of your elbows to prevent the cuffs from sliding to your wrists.
• Slowly bring your arms into the starting position near your sides without relaxing.
• DO NOT swing the arms upward or move the trunk during the motion.