Pulley position: Narrow.
• Remove the bench.
• Facing the Power Rods®, stand on the platform to one side of the rail.
• Secure the cuff around the ankle (or foot) farthest from the rail. Keep this leg bent at approximately 90 degrees.
• You may stand erect or you may bend over 30 - 45 degrees from your hips (not your waist) and very slightly bend the knee of your support leg.
• Keep your spine in good posture, with your chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Initiate the movement by tightening your glutes. Extend your hip by moving your entire leg backward.
• Slowly move your leg as far as you can, without allowing ANY movement to occur at your waist or your knee.
• Then slowly return to the starting position.
• Make sure all of your motion occurs at your hip, NOT your waist or lower back.
• Keep your abs tight throughout the entire exercise.
• Maintain exactly the same bend in the knee of your moving leg throughout the entire exercise.