Pulley position: Wide or narrow.
• Sit on the bench with one side toward the Power Rods®. Maintain good spinal alignment.
• Using the arm farthest from the rods, reach across your body, grasp the handle nearest you and draw that arm back into your side, keeping your elbow bent.
• Allow your forearm to rest against your abdomen and your elbow against your side, taking out some of the slack or tension in the cables.
• Rotate your forearm away from your abdomen and out to the side, keeping your elbow/upper arm by your side during the entire motion.
• Slowly return to the starting position.
• Control the motion during the entire exercise.
• Do not rotate the spine to get additional range of motion. Try for "pure" external rotation of the shoulder joint. More is not better!
• Use light resistance only. Pick a resistance that allows you to perform 12 — 15 reps.