Elbow Flexion (in supination)
Muscles worked: This exercise emphasizes and develops the biceps muscles, which are located on the front of your upper arms and are primarily responsible for bending your elbows, as well as the brachialis and brachioradialis.
Pulley position: Narrow.
• Sit facing the Power Rods®, knees bent with one foot resting on the bench and one on the floor. Angle the elevated leg toward the opposite pulley (right leg toward left pulley).
• Grasp the opposite handle (right hand to left pulley) and rest the back of your upper arm near your elbow, on the elevated knee.
• Maintain erect spinal alignment.
• Curl the forearm toward the upper arm, keeping your upper arm and shoulder blade completely still.
• Slowly return to the starting position without relaxing the biceps.
• Do not rock the upper body while bending your elbow.
• Keep wrist straight.
• Keep your chest lifted, trunk muscles tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.