Pulley position: Narrow only.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®.
• Spread the cuffs from the handles and slide them over the forearms up to the elbows.
• Place heels on the end of the platform, bend the knees comfortably, cross your arms in front of your chest and pull handles tightly to your chest.
• Sit up straight, lift your chest, tighten your trunk muscles and maintain a slight arch in your lower back.
• Pinch your shoulder blades together slightly.
• Lean forward from the hips slightly letting out
some of the tension in the cables.
• Keeping your chest lifted, move your entire torso backward — as a unit — by pivoting at the hips.
• Slowly return to the starting position without slouching or changing spinal alignment.
• Keep your chest lifted and a very slight arch in your lower back at all times.
• Move from the hips only, not your waist. Do not increase or decrease the arch in your lower back during the movement.
• From the same starting position, sit erect and slowly allow your spine to flex forward maintaining control of the weight.
• Slowly straighten and extend your spine/trunk to a comfortable arch.
• Repeat with control.
• This version will require less weight than the exercise above.