Pulley position: Narrow only.
• Sit on the bench facing away from the Power Rods®. Bend the knees and place your feet flat on the floor.
• Reach behind and grasp the handles, palms facing each other (or angled upward).
• Draw your arms up until your elbows are comfortably overhead (different for everyone) and your hands are pointed to the ceiling.
• Tighten your trunk muscles and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Keeping your upper arm stationary, bend your elbows allowing your hands to move downward in an arcing motion.
• Stop your motion at approximately 90 degrees (or as comfort allows) and then slowly reverse your arcing motion upward and forward until your elbows are straight.
• Keep your upper arm motionless.
• Keep wrists straight.
• Tighten the triceps throughout the exercise and control the motion on the way down.
• Keep your chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.