Pulley position: Narrow only.
• Sit on the bench facing away from the Power Rods®, knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
• You may sit back against the lat tower, or you may choose to sit forward away from the tower and remaining free from support, thereby increasing the challenge of spinal stabilization as part of the exercise.
• Keep your chest up, abdominals tight and maintain a slight arch in your lower back.
• Grasp handles with your palms facing backward and arms straight at your sides.
• Keeping your arms straight and your palms down, move your arms forward and then upward to shoulder height.
• Slowly return the arms beside the torso and repeat.
• Bilateral movement - both arms raising at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one raising while the other is returning).
• Keep the chest lifted and the abdominals tightened throughout the entire motion and maintain good spinal alignment.
• Do not increase the arch in your lower back while lifting your arms.