Pulley position: Narrow only.
• With the bench flat, sit facing the Power Rods®, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor.
• Grasp the handles with your palms facing down and back.
• Slide back to create tension at the start of the motion.
• Tighten your trunk muscles to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Simultaneously "pinch" your shoulder blades together and moving your hands in an arc downward and backward below your hips.
• Slowly return to the starting position allowing your shoulder blades to move forward with your arms.
• Bilateral movement — both arms extending at the same time.
• Unilateral movement — performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating — performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating — both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one extending while the other is returning).
• Do not slouch — keep chest lifted and spine erect.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.