Pulley position: Narrow only.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®.
• Grab handles with palms facing each other.
• Place heels on the end of the platform, bend the knees comfortably.
• Sit up straight with your spine in good alignment.
• Initiate the movement by pinching the shoulder blades back and together while simultaneously drawing your elbows down and backward toward the sides of your body.
• Continue moving the arms past the sides of the body while keeping the forearms pointing in the direction of the cable.
• Slowly return to the starting position, straightening the arm and letting the shoulder blades slide forward without slouching.
• Bilateral movement – both arms pulling at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one pulling while the other is returning).
• Do not bend your torso forward at any point.
• Do not lose spinal alignment — keep chest lifted.