Pulley position: Wide or narrow.
• Sit on the bench facing the Power Rods®, knees bent and your feet on the platform.
• Cross the handles and grasp with your palms facing down and arms straight (right hand on left handle and vice versa).
• Sit up straight and then bend over slightly from the hips (not the spine) until arms/cables are in front of body at a 90 degree angle to your torso.
• Lift your chest and slightly pinch your shoulder blades together.
• Allowing your arms to bend as you go, move your elbows outward and backward keeping a 70-90 degree angle between your upper arms and the sides of your torso.
• Your forearms should always point in the direction of the cables.
• Move until your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders, then slowly reverse the motion keeping the rear shoulder muscles tightened during the entire motion.
• Bilateral movement - both arms rowing at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one rowing while the other is returning).
• Maintain a 90 degree angle between your upper arms and the sides of your torso during the exercise.
• For normal pulling /rowing patterns of movement you may choose to allow the shoulder blades to "float" forward and backward naturally with the arm movement, or for increased rear deltoid involvement you may keep the shoulder blades "pinched" together throughout both the forward and backward movements.