Pulley position: Low pulley.
• Remove the bench, straddle the rail and stand facing away from the Power Rods®.
• Grasp the bar with an overhand grip.
• The bar harness may have to be adjusted to insure that there is enough movement in the cable to complete the range of motion. In some cases the harness may have to be removed and the cable snap hook connected directly to the Dring of the bar.
• Position your trunk almost parallel to the platform by bending from your hips (not the waist) and by bending your knees and sticking your hips out while lifting your chest. Tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a flat lower back.
• Initiate the movement by pinching the shoulder blades back and together while simultaneously drawing your elbows back and upward toward the sides of your body.
• Keep the forearms pointing in the direction of the cable.
• Slowly return to the starting position, straightening the arm and letting the shoulder blades slide forward without slouching and bending the spine.
• Do not lose spinal alignment — keep chest lifted.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.
• Release your shoulder blades at the end of each rep and initiate each new rep by retracting (pinching) your shoulder blades.