Pulley position: Narrow only.
• With the bench flat, sit facing the Power Rods®, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor.
• Grasp the handles with your palms facing toward the floor and arms nearly straight.
• Sit up straight and then bend slightly forward from the hips (not the spine) until arms/cables are in front of body at a 90 degree angle to your torso.
• Lift chest and pinch shoulder blades together.
• Maintaining the same slight bend in your arms, move your arms outward and backward, keeping a 90 degree angle between your upper arms and the sides of your torso.
• Move until your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders, then slowly reverse the motion keeping the rear shoulder muscles tightened during the entire motion.
• Maintain a 90 degree angle between your upper arms and the sides of your torso during the exercise.
• For normal pulling /rowing patterns of movement you may choose to allow the shoulder blades to "float" forward and backward naturally with the arm movement, or for increased rear deltoid involvement you may keep the shoulder blades "pinched" together throughout both the forward and backward movements.