Pulley position: Narrow only.
• With the bench flat and locked in the back position against the lat tower, sit facing away from the Power Rods®.
• Reach straight behind your body, grasp the handles with an overhand grip so that the cable will lay between your arm and your torso.
• Bend your elbows until your hands are level with your waistline and your palms are facing your torso.
• Maintain erect posture.
• Using a moderate speed and light weight, rotate your trunk and press one arm forward to full extension, allowing the shoulder blade to move forward at the end of the punch.
• Return that arm to the starting position — under control — and repeat with the other arm.
• As an alternative to punching straight forward you may also punch upward at an angle in line with the cable.
• Bilateral movement – both arms pressing forward at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one pressing while the other is returning).
• Maintain an upright, erect posture as your trunk twists/rotates with the punch.
• It is important to note that "sport specific" movements will not necessarily improve the skill associated with a sport.