Pulley position: Lat tower.
• Attach a single handle to each cable.
• Facing the Power Rods®, grasp the handles with the corresponding hand, palms facing each other, and sit on the bench.
• Position your knees directly under the pulleys and sit upright with your arms extending upward. NOTE: You may position your hips directly under the pulleys but then you must lean back slightly from hips (not the waist).
• Maintain good spinal alignment, chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Keeping your hands shoulder width, initiate the movement by pulling your shoulder blades down and together while simultaneously drawing your elbows downward to the front, and then back toward the sides of your body.
• At the end of the motion, your arms should be drawn near your sides, your shoulder blades should be fully depressed toward your hips and your forearms must be upward in line with the direction of the cables (not rotated forward).
• Slowly return to the starting position allowing your arms and shoulder blades to move upward fully, without relaxing the muscles.
• Bilateral movement – both arms pulling at the same time.
• Unilateral movement – performing all reps with one arm before moving to the next.
• Alternating – performing one rep on one side and then the next rep on the other side.
• Simultaneously alternating – both arms moving, although in opposite directions (one pulling while the other is returning).
• Do not lose spinal alignment.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.
• Do not lean backward as you pull.
• Keep the chest up, especially at the bottom of the movement.