Pulley position: Lat tower.
• Remove the bench, straddle the rail and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®.
• Grasp the lat bar at shoulder width or slightly wider with your palms down.
• Step back slightly. This may have to be adjusted on the first rep to insure that there is enough movement in the cable to complete the range of motion.
• Lift your chest and tighten your abdominals to stabilize your spine while maintaining a very slight arch in the lower back.
• Keeping your arms straight, initiate the movement by pulling your shoulder blades down and together while simultaneously drawing your arms downward to the front, and then in toward your legs.
• Allowing your shoulder blades to move with your arms, slowly return to the starting position.
• Do not lose spinal alignment — keep chest lifted.
• Keep the lats tightened throughout the entire motion.
• Keep your elbows nearly straight (not locked) throughout the entire exercise.