Pulley position: Leg extension/Leg curl attachment.
• With the back support of the bench attached to the seat of the leg unit, lie face down with your lower thigh on the pad, the knees near the pivot point and ankles under the upper roller pads .
• Point your knees and feet straight down and tighten your inner thigh muscles (as if squeezing your knees together) to stabilize.
• Place your hands on the floor or grasp the rail or bench for stability.
• Place your forehead on the bench or look to the side, but do not look up, hyper-extending your neck.
• Tighten your abs to prevent spinal motion and very slightly lift your knees (approximately 1 inch), placing the pressure on your thighs.
• Slowly bend your knees, upward and then toward your hips without moving your spine and without your hips lifting from the bench.
• Keeping the hamstrings tight, slowly allow your legs to straighten and return near the starting position. Do not fully extend your legs.
• Make sure you straighten your legs under control, do not allow your knees to hyperextend.
• Keep your chest lifted, abs tight and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Try to relax your calf and foot muscles.