1. Hold two cables, one in each hand, using the ball to keep them from slipping through your grasp.
2. Stand upright with your upper arms parallel to your body.
3. Bend the working arm to 90° at the elbow and bring it down so that your upper arm is parallel to and close to the side of your body, the end position should be behind you.
1. Keeping your elbow stationary, extend your arm backwards until your arm is straight and horizontal.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position.
1. Extend your arm under control - do not swing it back.
2. Keep your upper arm fixed. Only your forearm moves.
3. Keep your lower back upright and still.
4. Start with a relatively light weight as the exercise is harder to perform than many people imagine.