Pulley position: Low pulley
• Remove the bench and stand on the platform facing the Power Rods®.
• Grasp the bar with an overhand grip approximately shoulder width.
• The bar harness may have to be adjusted to insure that there is enough movement in the cable to complete the range of motion.
• Do not lock your knees. Position them either nearly straight or very slightly bent.
• Lift your chest, tighten your abdominals and maintain a very slight arch in your lower back.
• Maintaining your knee position, slowly bend forward at the hips by moving your butt backwards. It is critical that you keep the “chest out/up” and do not allow it to “cave in,” an indicator that your back is rounding.
• Stop as your hamstrings begin to get taut and before your back begins to round.
• Concentrate on tensing the hamstrings to pull you back up to the starting position.
• Your torso should move from vertical angling forward — toward horizontal —-without rounding, slouching or otherwise losing “flat” postural alignment.
• Keep knees slightly bent.
• Move only as far as you can go correctly!
• Never attempt to exercise with more resistance than you are physically able to handle.