1. Hang from a chin up bar, the top frame of a smith machine or anywhere else that your feet will not touch the floor.
2. Your arms should be fully extended and your lower back slightly arched.
1. Never let your legs extend behind your body.
2. Keeping your legs almost straight, exhale and raise them upwards just enough to get a flexion of your entire abdominal region. Ideally they should never come all the way to your hips, or else you lose emphasis on the mid abdominals.
3. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return your legs to the starting position.
• Do not swing your knees up or use the momentum of your legs - use the strength of your abdominals to move your hips and legs.
• For maximal results, raise your legs to approximately 20 - 30° to the horizontal.
• To make the exercise easier, bend your knees to reduce the resistance