1. Sit down at a standard bench press machine and adjust the seat so that the handles are around your pectoral area.
2. Hold the handles, with your palms facing forwards and your arms fully extended, positioned over your shoulders.
1. Slowly press out the handles so that your arms are almost fully extended..
2. Hold the position for a count of two; then allow the handles to come back slowly to the starting position.
• Keep your hips firmly on the back pad throughout the movement.
• Lower the handles as far as you can, aiming for a maximum but comfortable stretch.
• Keep the handles about your chest area, starting too low or too high can cause injury and work the muscles far less than optimally.