1. Attach a short, angled bar to the overhead cable of a lat machine.
2. Place your hands on the bar, palms facing downwards.
3. Bring the bar down until your elbows are at your sides and bent at about 90°.
1. Keeping your upper arms close to your body, press the bar down, moving only your forearms, until your arms are fully extended.
|Tricep Push Downs Using a V Bar|
• Keep your elbows fixed firmly at your sides throughout the movement.
• Do not lean too far forwards.
• Keep your wrists locked and your palms facing you.
Short bar: You may use a short straight bar instead of the angled bar, although this places more strain on the wrists and forearms.
Using a rope: You may use a rope instead of an angled bar. Make sure that you push your forearms out at the end of each rep.