1. Sit facing the cable row machine and place your feet against the foot rests. Grasp the grips and bend your knees slightly.
2. Lean forwards and grasp the pulley handles, while maintaining a normal, slightly curved spinal position.
3. Pull back a little way until your torso is nearly upright and your arms are fully extended.
1. Pull each grip individually towards you until it touches your lower rib / upper abdomen region. Leave the other hand outstretched. You should be pulling your elbows and shoulders directly backwards as far as possible.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position, maintaining a near upright position.
• To achieve maximum back development, keep your torso nearly upright during the entire movement - it should not move forwards or backwards more than 10°.
• Maintain a normal curve in your back - do not arch your back excessively.
• Keep your legs slightly bent and still throughout the movement.
• Inhale at the start of the movement; then hold your breath during the pulling phase - this helps stabilize your torso. Exhale only towards the end of the movement once your arms are extended.