1. Sit at a shoulder press machine
2. Place your hands on the handles with a shoulder width grip.
1. Press the handles upwards, straightening your arms but do not lock out your elbows. Hold momentarily.
2. Lower the handles slowly back to the starting position.
• Keep your torso upright - don't lean backwards or arch your spine as you press the cables upwards as this will strain your lower back.
• Hold your abdominal muscles taut to help stabilize your spine or, if you are using a very heavy weight, wear a weightlifting belt.
• Don't shorten the movement.