1. Place your shins on the pads of an ab rocker, after you have applied the amount of weight resistance you prefer to use below it.
2. Your forearms should rest on the pads as you grasp the handles firmly in front of you
1. Take your legs slightly behind your body.
2. Keeping your legs on the pads, exhale and raise them upwards as high as possible. Ideally they should come just above the level of your hips. Focus on curling your hips towards your rib cage.
3. Inhale as your legs move back to the starting position.
4. Use your abdominals to keep your legs from swinging too far backwards.
• Do not swing your knees up or use the momentum of your legs - use the strength of your abdominals to move your hips and legs.
• For maximal results, raise your legs to approximately 30-45° to the horizontal. The abs shorten only when your legs go past parallel- below this point, they hold a static contraction as the hip flexors raise the legs.