1. Lie on the floor or on an abdominal bench on your side with your knees slightly bent.
2. Place your top arm behind your head.
1. Slowly exhale as you raise your head and shoulders a short distance off the floor or bench, aiming your ribs towards your top hip.
2. Hold for a count of two; then breathe in as you return to the starting position.
3. Repeat for the required number of repetitions; then perform the exercise on your other side.
• Aim to reduce the space between your ribs and hips.
• Do not worry if you don't reach up very far - concentrate on feeling the movement.
• Keep your head in line with your body don't jerk it upwards.