1. Lie flat on your back on the floor or on a bench with your knees bent over your hips and your ankles touching (as for crunches).
2. Place your arms on the floor alongside your body, palms flat on the floor, or hold on to the sides of the bench.
3. Press your lower back to the floor or bench.
1. Slowly curl your hips off the floor, aiming your knees towards your chest. Your hips should raise no more than 10 em.
2. Hold for a count of two.
3. Slowly lower your hips to the starting position, maintaining constant tension in your abdominals.
• This should be a controlled, deliberate movement. Do not jerk, swing or bounce your hips off the floor; curl one vertebra up at a time.
• Do not allow your abdominals to relax at the top of the movement or while you are uncurling.
• Exhale as you contract your abdominals.