1. Attach the handles to two overhead pulley machines.
2. Hold the handles, palms facing down, and stand midway between the machines with your feet hip-width apart or with one foot in front of the other for balance. Your arms should be fully extended so you achieve a good stretch in your pectorals.
3. Bend forwards slightly from the waist and maintain this position throughout the exercise.
1. Draw the handles towards each other in an arcing motion, aiming for a point approximately 30 cm in front of your hips.
2. When the handles meet, squeeze your pectorals hard and hold for a count of two.
3. Slowly return the handles to the starting position.
• Keep your back erect and elbows slightly bent (at 10-15°) throughout the movement.
• Focus on using your chest muscles to perform the movement - do not curl your shoulders forwards as you bring the handles together.
• You can vary the angle at which you pull the handles down to place emphasis on slightly different areas of the chest.