1. Stand facing the cable row machine and place your feet flat on the floor. Grasp each cable by the handle.
2. Lean back slightly to maintain leverage maintaining a normal, slightly curved spinal position.
3. Pull back a little way until your torso is nearly upright and your arms are fully extended.
1. Pull the handles towards you so that your hands end up next to your rib cage.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly return to the starting position, maintaining a near upright position.
• To achieve maximum back development, keep your torso nearly upright during the entire movement - it should not move forwards or backwards more than 10°.
• Maintain a normal curve in your back - do not arch your back excessively.
• Keep your legs slightly bent and still throughout the movement.
• Inhale at the start of the movement; then hold your breath during the pulling phase - this helps stabilise your torso. Exhale only towards the end of the movement once your arms are extended.