1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Hold the cable grips with each hand about 15 cm apart, palms facing towards your body. The handles should rest against the front of your thighs.
1. Pull the cables directly upwards towards your chin, bending your elbows out to the sides until your hands are basically beside your ears.
2. Hold for a count of two; then slowly lower the cable grips back to the starting position.
• Keep the grips very close to your body throughout the movement.
• Make sure you do not sway backwards as you lift the cables.
• At the top of the movement your elbows should be level with, or slightly higher than, your hands.
• Lower the cables slowly, resisting the weight.
Wide grip: Using a shoulder width grip, places more emphasis on the deltoids and less on the trapezius.